When an entrepreneur is invited to meet the mentors for an interview they are one step closer to being invited to join the StartUp Academy program. Interviews will be scheduled in 15-minute increments and will be strictly adhered to. Entrepreneurs will “pitch” the business idea to the mentors and the mentors will ask questions to ascertain the following:
- The entrepreneurs’ determination / commitment to the start up
- Is the entrepreneur coachable?
- Would the entrepreneur benefit from StartUp Academy?
- Does the entrepreneur have support from their family / significant other?
- Is the idea presented valid / viable?
- Does the entrepreneur have risk capital beyond tuition?